Get more seeds for your torrents
WHAT ARE SEEDS? – The number of people with a full copy of the file(s) in the torrent being downloaded. Higher the seeders, faster is your download. (A detailed post on torrents later on)
How to increase seeds:
A) (For experienced users… however if you were one, you wouldn’t be reading this!)You can directly go to the trackers list in your favorite torrent client and add new trackers. (Mine is uTorrent. Double clicking a torrent brings up the tracker list)
B) Follow the steps:(Seems like a lot of steps but is really easy and more importantly, fast.)
- Go to the BtReannouncer site
- Click on the browse button and find the torrent on your computer you want to add seeds to.
- Click upload. Wait for a few seconds.
- On the page that comes up, put a check in front of every tracker (the names with check boxes in front of them). Click ReAnnounce
- Find where it says “Download ReAnnounced torrent” and below it, the link which is the name of the torrent. Click on the link to download the reannounced torrent.
- After downloading, just open it and if the torrent was already started, select the option to load the trackers from the new torrent file.
I have tried this and it has worked every single time. And it does help. Obviously, you should make sure this doesn’t violate the terms of the private tracker you might be using!